Need help along the way?
Let us help guide your journey.
Psalm 25:4-5 Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide Me in Your truth and teach me; for You are God my Savior, and my Hope is in You all day long.
Have mission questions? Looking for trusted answers from a personal source?
Talk with a MissionNext Journey Guide.
Who are Journey Guides?
They are mission coaches who have walked the road before you. Their ministry is to serve you, guide you and encourage you along your journey.
How does it work?
Journey Guides are available to anyone who has completed a MissionNext Service Profile. The coaches work one-on-one to help others discover their passion for ministry and determine the next steps as they pursue God’s leading toward missions—wherever that is. Journey Guides also help you make the best use of our powerful website features as you search for a ministry fit.
How much does this cost?
This service is available at no cost and no commitment to you, thanks to the financial support from our partners. It will be on your terms!
How do I prepare for service?
The decision to enter missions is not one made lightly. Journey Guides will help you thoughtfully and prayerfully consider your:
- Relationship with the Lord and growth in spiritual maturity
- Self awareness – understanding your passion, gifts, talents, abilities, weaknesses, emotional stability
- Relational strength – with church, family, friends
- Readiness for service and how to prepare for choosing an assignment or agency.
Here are some more steps you could take today as you consider missions:
- Spend time praying, evaluating and confirming what God is saying to you. Exercise patience in order to wait on the Lord as He leads you toward the best opportunity for you to serve.
- Connect with a Journey Guide – at your convenience – for one or more conversations to assist you in these next steps.
- Look for affirmation of what God is saying from and through others – your church, family, and friends.
- Take available personal assessments to help you understand your strengths, weaknesses, spiritual gifts, and communication style.
- Attend The Journey Deepens Retreat, offered through MissionNext.
- Enroll in a Perspectives Course at a location near you or online.
- Develop your tool bag! What tools do you need to thrive and be effective in God’s ministry opportunity for you?
How does a Journey Guide help?
- Helps your service profile reach its maximum potential
- Helps you understand and navigate the website and your service profile
- Helps you access your ministry match information
- Prays with you
- Gives you time, as you need it
- Recommends a variety of assessments and provides help with interpreting results
- Provides coaching and guidance
If you have any questions, or would like to discuss the results of your assessment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Look at these available resources!
Stories of Other's Journey
Our blog has stories and advice from those who have journeyed in missions before you!
Take personnel assessments helpful to identify your strengths, talents and gifting.
MissionNext has compiled a list of helpful books to guide and encourage you along your Journey.
How can I get connected with opportunities in missions?
MissionNext helps you connect with mission organizations to find assignments in the US and abroad. Fill out a profile to receive a list of mission organizations with opportunities matching your skills, experience, and ministry preferences.